Monday 23 November 2009

It's Craft-astic!

Can you hear that? Is that...the sound of sleigh bells? 


Christmas: it seems to start earlier every year (and yup, Japan is no different - take down the Hallowe'en stuff, only to replace it with stuff for Noël). Now, I try to keep my wits about me until at least the end of November - even shooting down an excited H when he wanted to put up the tree the second October became November. But hark! Only a month and two days left - time to get decorating! 


This year, I decided to make my own Christmas cards. It's not that I can't get Christmas cards in Japan - quite the opposite, actually. The problem is you can't buy them in nice, $10 or $20 sets for multiple cards. Nope - each has to be bought individually for anywhere from 200-600+Yen, depending on how fancy a card you want. That's just too rich for me, especially when I plan on sending out 20+ cards. When you get right down to it, making my own cards probably won't save me much money, but I at least get the joy of crafting out of the expense, as well as a unique Christmas card. 

Here's what I got made today. They're not beautiful, but they're a start.









And just thought I'd post some paper crane decorations I made last year. They give the ol' tree a little bit of a Japanese edge. Eeeee! Christmas!!!





No comments:

Post a Comment